Here is the original – it was hard to see, let alone focus properly:
The Canon 5D is a brilliant low light tool, but in this case it was let down by my poor choice of lens. I had been at Luna Park all day with my family, so I only took 1 lens – the Canon 24-105mm L. A brilliant walk-around lens during the day, it is too slow really for available light duty at f4. I should have been carrying some really fast prime glass.
- The B&W version was processed as follows:
- adjust the exposure in Photoshop
- crop to a better 3×2 layout to center them
- pull process +1 mono simulation
- sharpen the body outlines just a bit to counter the movement at the shutter speed of 1/13 second that I used
and that’s it.